
Today, I spent the day making two big batches of steel-cut oatmeal to freeze. I have these awesome containers called Food Cubers that freeze food in giant, ice cube containers. They have different sized portions (like 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup, and 2 cup). I love them!!! I make things that take a long time to cook and then freeze them to use during the week. Steel cut oatmeal is so easy to freeze and then you can just microwave it for a minute or two and have an awesome breakfast during the week. If you try it, and I recommend you do, make the oatmeal a little soupier than you normally would because it thickens up when you reheat it.
2 comments:
I love that! Where do you find food cubers?
http://foodcuber.com/index.php
My friend Casi found them at a store in Salt Lake City and picked them up for me. I think the store is called Spoons 'n Spice.
You could make big batches of stuff with your VitaMix and freeze it!
Post a Comment