This is some sort of castle that must be central to the Harry Potter story. Inside was a ride that made it seem like you were flying around on a broomstick with Harry. It made both me and Chris motion sick and the wait was 75 minutes long. They asked if we wanted to skip the line and ride it again and we politely declined.
Close up of the castle.
Apparently there is some sort of train that goes to the castle.

This must be the train.
I think 99% of the people visiting Universal Studios were in the Harry Potter section. It was so crowded, you could hardly move. Elsewhere in the park, there was hardly anyone around.

I learned about butterbeer about a week before I went to Florida. Someone at work asked me if I was going to try some while I was there. I wasn't sure if it was going to be alcoholic like beer or non-alchoholic like root beer. Turns out it's non-alchoholic. It's a secret recipe that's made right there at Universal Studios and you can't buy it anywhere else. I think the main ingredients are cream soda and butterscotch flavoring.
Butterbeer is served on tap from a cart that looks like a giant keg. Those little bottles on ice with the orange lids are pumpkin juice, which must be part of the movie, too. I did not try the pumpkin juice. For one thing, it sounds gross and another thing was that it was $6.75.
You can purchase your butterbeer in a disposable plastic cup for about $3 or you can get it in a souvenir mug for $12.

This is a close-up of the souvenir mugs. I purchased mine in a souvenir cup so I could take it home to my sister, who is a big Harry Potter fan.

I took this picture with my phone and e-mailed it to my sister who was at home in Utah. You know, just to rub it in that I knew nothing about Harry Potter and I was there enjoying a butterbeer and she wasn't. I did give her the cup though.
Oh, and that butterbeer is so good that later in the day I got another one.
3 comments:
Per Carson, "You don't deserve to visit Hogwarts Castle and see the Hogwarts Express! The village where you got the butterbeer is Hogsmeade!" He can't believe you got to go there! He has read the Harry Potter series (7 books) 3 times.
That's funny! Maybe Carson will get there someday. It did make Chris think maybe he should watch the movies. I'm sure we were the only people there who hadn't seen them or didn't know the story. That line behind me in the picture of me drinking the butterbeer was a line just to get in a candy store. Every single store in there had a line just to get into it. I could not believe that people were waiting in line just to shop! That's why I think there were some dedicated fans there. Lots of people walking around in robes, too.
I had no idea that that Hogwarts castle was in Orlando! Maybe I will have to visit it someday. It would be fun to pretend, but I don't think I will be donning a robe for the occasion. :)
Post a Comment