9.08.2009

Vancouver July 2009

In July 2009, we traveled to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada for a work-related conference. This is the view outside my hotel room window. It's called Coal Harbour and it was gorgeous. This was taken through the glass of my room, so the colors aren't as bright as they should be.



Right in the middle of the harbour was a place where float planes would take off and land. We really enjoyed watching them.



This is on a huge suspension bridge (I think it was about 200 feet up). It's called Capilano and it's on North Vancouver Island (or North Van, as the locals call it). I did not think I'd have the nerve to cross it, but it ended up being not that scary at all. The views were gorgeous.



While at the conference, I was given an award that came with a $4000 check. Who doesn't want a big check? I was so excited about the check, I brought it home and it's in my office.


We actually flew into Seattle and took the train to Vancouver. It was significantly cheaper and I had heard that this is one of the most scenic train rides in the country. The track hugged the coast line for most of the way.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love British Columbia. It is so gorgeous! And really, who doesn't love a big check? Congratulations on your award!