1.01.2009

Amelia Island, FL (12/08)

I had a class in Florida that began the day after my meetings in D.C. so I just took a flight from D.C. to Florida without even coming home in between. It was so nice to be in Florida in December and a great change from the cold in D.C. the week prior. This photo is the view from my hotel balcony. I was lucky enough to stay at the Ritz Carlton on Amelia Island (near Jacksonville). I walked on the beach and got my feet wet in the ocean. It was a little cold but not too bad. I even saw a few turtles in the dunes between the hotel and the ocean. One day I even went to the hotel pool and had it to myself. Apparently everyone else thought it was too cold to swim outside. But, having just come from below-freezing weather and snow, I was thinking it was rather warm! This beach had more seashells on it than any beach I have seen in my life. In between classes we also had time to see the island on a horse-drawn carriage. It was really fun to look at all of the old architecture and to hear stories about which houses have stayed in the family. Just think, they've never had a mortgage payment!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are a world traveler! We took our kids to Washington DC over the 4th of July this last summer. It's a fun time too!